Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday, March 1, 2016


Hello everyone! This is George. Due to medical reasons, I have returned to the United States from Argentina. I've spent a few days just resting and recovering and I'm doing much better now. It was quite a different experience to be there and unfortunately there were several incidences that had a profound effect on my health. Not having any available water or food due to a water shortage and money issues was quite a challenge, physically and emotionally. It amazed me that I found myself wondering when I was going to eat next. My companion and I were also in a bus accident and thankfully neither of us was seriously injured. After a lot of prayer and thought, with the counsel of my family and my Mission President, the decision was made that I should return home. Although I was only in Argentina for two weeks, my eyes have been greatly opened to the wonderful blessings I have in my life. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. After I have fully recovered I will be considering my options to continue my mission. Thank you all for your prayers, support, and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment