Wednesday, January 6, 2016

On Jan 6, 2016, at 5:41 PM, George Briton Sheko wrote: Hola! The MTC is pretty awesome! Took a couple of days to get adjusted but It's great. I have an awesome companion, Elder Roan. He and I work really well together and we have a lot of fun. The language is awesome. I'm so grateful that I took 5 years of Spanish in school. It's helping a lot. We've been teaching two "investigators" and it's been going really well. One of them is very difficult so It's very realistic. I see how hard it is but I'm up for the challenge. The food is pretty good, and we have a nice room. It is truly amazing how much I can get done when I don't have the distraction of a cell phone or computer. We spend 6-9 hours in the classroom each day, most of the time without a teacher and they leave it up to us to plan our lessons, study, and learn the language. It's been a crazy first P-Day (personal day) so I dont have a lot of time to write. I just want to leave you all with a few things that have really stuck out to me this week. The Holy Spirit works in many ways. It's amazing. I heard an awesome quote that said "Work like everything depended on you. Pray like everything depended on the Lord." I really thought a lot about that. Alma 37:37 is such a great scripture, “Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good ; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” It definitely applies to all of us missionaries, and everyone else as well. Next week I will have my schedule figured out. It changed last minute because of New Years. I'll write a better blog post next week. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment