Thursday, January 21, 2016

Update from George 1/20/16

Hello everyone,
With week 3 complete, the half-way point here at the MTC, I have all kinds of great stuff to talk about. We had Janice Kapp Perry, the sister who wrote many of the primary songs we sing, come and speak to us at our devotional on Sunday. Today we got to view an international missionary devotional. There was a lot of great stuff said, but what really stuck out to me is that the purpose of missionaries is not to bring the Spirit into the investigator's hearts; it's to bring the Spirit unto the investigator's hearts and they have to allow it to enter. I had a wonderful 19th birthday, and although I don't feel much older, I feel closer to my Savior as I study and learn more and more of His Gospel. One of our "investigators" accepted our invitation to be baptized. Even though Antonio isn't a real investigator, it was one of the best feelings to invite him and hear him say yes. I can't wait for the opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with each and every person I meet in Argentina. I hope all is going well for everyone! I look forward to keeping everyone updated as I get closer to going to Argentina!
Sincerely,
Elder Sheko


No comments:

Post a Comment